...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Kansas...
Kansas River at 23rd Street affecting Wyandotte County.
Grand River near Brunswick affecting Carroll and Chariton Counties.
Missouri River at St Joseph affecting Doniphan...Andrew and
Missouri River at Atchison affecting Atchison...Buchanan and Platte
Missouri River at Leavenworth affecting Leavenworth and Platte
Missouri River at Parkville affecting Leavenworth...Wyandotte and
Missouri River at Kansas City affecting Wyandotte...Clay...Jackson
and Platte Counties.
Missouri River at Sibley affecting Clay...Jackson and Ray Counties.
Missouri River at Napoleon affecting Jackson...Lafayette and Ray
Missouri River at Waverly affecting Carroll...Lafayette and Saline
Missouri River At Miami affecting Carroll...Chariton and Saline
Missouri River at Glasgow affecting Chariton...Howard and Saline
Missouri River at Boonville affecting Cooper and Howard Counties.
The Flood Warning continues for
The Missouri River at Leavenworth.
* until further notice.
* At 6:00 AM Tuesday the stage was 28.2 feet.
* Flood stage is 20.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will continue to fall to a stage of 26.3 feet
by Wednesday morning.
* At 25.1 feet...Water overtops the levee north of Fort Leavenworth.
* At 23.4 feet...The Hildebrandt Island north of Fort Leavenworth
begins to flood and families in this area need to evacuate.
* At 22.3 feet...Water enters Riverfront Park in Leavenworth. In
addition, 2nd Street at the waste water treatment plant is closed
due to high water. Persons should vacate the park to avoid the loss
of life and property.
* At 20.0 feet...Lowland flooding occurs along the east and west
banks of the river.
Location FS Stage Day/Time Forecast
Leavenworth 20 28.2 Tue 06 AM 28.2 this morning
Do not drive through flowing water. Nearly half of all flood
fatalities are vehicle related. As little as 6 inches of water may
cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Two feet of water will
carry most vehicles away.This product along with additional weather
and stream information is available at www.weather.gov/kc/.